Latex Molds and Resin Casting Tutorial by NeferCosplay
Foamy Leather Effect
My page: www.facebook.com/m.cosplay
1. Get you patter with plastic wrap and masking tape.
2. Paste and cut pattern in foamy twice.
3. Use one for base and another for cutting the wavy strips.
4. Glue them and use 2 layers of modge podge.
5. Use a mop sponge to make the paint effect.
6. Seal the paint w thin layer of modge podge.
7. Add a zipper in the back and you done!
About as concise as I can make it without being obtuse.
a description of the general contruction of my Nui dress from the pattern I made
for kawaiilittle-shit and several others who asked
and as before the DIY pattern cutting tutorial to get the bodice tight to your body is here:
Check out this awesome guide for making Nui’s dress by hl-hja! I didn’t make my dress this way, but it’s a great guide :D
Michele Carragher, the head embroider on Game of Thrones, made this awesome tutorial to show how she created the dragonscale fabric that appears on several of Daenarys’ costumes in S3 and S4.
Ms. Carragher says that the dragonscale fabric was created because “In season 3 the Costume Designer Michele Clapton wanted a Dragonscale like textured embroidery that starts to emerge on three of Daenery’s costumes, which becomes heavier and more pronounced, growing and evolving as the season progresses” (Carragher).
In stages 9-11 of the tutorial we see how the textile evolves from lightly to heavily embellished. This progression is meant to illustrate Daenarys’ personal growth and the growth of her dragons (source).
Don’t care about Game of Thrones but that shit is cool